Pages

Labels

Friday, March 10, 2006

Six Degrees of Silliness

All right, so I'm getting this uncool vibe from our male readership about there being too much "baby" being batted around. Well, I resent the implication that all I can talk about is baby (though she's certainy worth it!). Let me tell you that in my life BC (before children) I did Interesting Things. I was, back in the day, a theatrical stage manager and production assistant in Los Angeles -- is that cool enough for you? Huh? Huh?

And to top it off, I can link myself within Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon!

Kevin Bacon

1) I stage managed a show in Beverly Hills (natch!) that was directed by 2) Stephen Tobolowsky, a very kind man who gave much encouragement to a young pregnant last-minute stage manager. Stephen was Needlenose Ned in Groundhog Day, which also starred 3) Bill Murray , who was in both She's Having a Baby and Wild Things with 4) Kevin Bacon!

But I can do better than that: I can also connect with Johnny Depp (this is what makes me cool in the eyes of my sister)!
You see, Bill Murray was in Ed Wood with Johnny Depp , who was also in Chocolat with Carrie-Anne Moss, who was in Memento with Stephen Tobolowsky, who directed a show that I stage managed!

So you see why stage managing just became too overwhelming and I retired to have babies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment