Pages

Labels

Friday, March 17, 2006

Irish fiddling

It's St. Patrick's Day (if you didn't know that, what rock have you been hiding under?) and in honor of the occasion I dusted off the fiddle (literally) and sawed out a rollicking tune or two. Except that they weren't really rollicking, because I haven't played my violin in months and months -- you'll recall that it gave me morning sickness early in pregnancy -- and my fingers are stiff. Time to brush up my fiddlin' magic.

And speaking of Irish music, here's a link or two for you. If you've been looking for some sheet music so you can play along with the boys in the band, here's The Session, a fine website for exchanging Irish music. Meanwhile, for those of you looking to hire a fine band for all your Irish festivities, I present for your consideration Easter Rising, featuring those upright young men from the Pontifical College Josephinum jamming to a distinctively Celtic beat. The aforementioned boys in the band include John and Will Egan, my younger-but-not-smaller brothers. Bottoms up, bros!

0 comments:

Post a Comment