Pages

Labels

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In Which Darwins Are Completely Surrounded by Snow

The rest of the country may be used to this sort of thing, but a quarter inch of ice on the streets from a night of freezing and snow currently coming down pretty steadily has pretty much brought our corner of Central Texas to a standstill.

This has plusses and minusses. On the one hand, I'm ice-bound for the day, effectively absolved of any duty to report anywhere in particular for work. On the other hand, I work enough from home as it is that I can't really tell myself that this means I don't have to work. So I'm trying to plug away through at least some hours of work while the kids bounce off the walls. (They played in the cold for a while, but eventually we got cold looking at them and brought them in.)

But here's hoping things settle out in the afternoon to a point where I can settle down with a warm drink and a clear conscience to write a long substantive post.

In the mean time, I guess I should just be glad that we have the benefit of modern conveniences, so as not to end up like a Jack London character.

0 comments:

Post a Comment