Pages

Labels

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shopping with Betty Beguiles

I spent this last week in deep fashion consultation with the talented Betty Beguiles, who signed on to give my wardrobe a much-needed update through her new Personal Shopping service.

It was a clarifying experience for me. I thought that what I needed was to "shake things up" and get out of my comfort zone, but in the course of having to articulate why I did or didn't like certain options, I came to realize that there was an underlying ethic to my various fashion choices. I have a fairly hour-glass figure and middling legs, and so I'm always trying to find styles that will give me the illusion of looking longer and leaner than I really am, or at least not make my hips look as wide as a doorway. Also, I run shrieking from anything that smacks of being "bohemian" or "earthy". Betty patiently sifted through all my feedback and pontificating, and then (once I stopped micromanaging the process) produced a number of elegant and wearable outfits.

Behold:




She's got the other outfits up at her blog, Betty Beguiles.

Anyone interested in learning more about Betty's personal shopping services can click here to read more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment