Pages

Labels

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reader, I Married Her

Today marks ten years that MrsDarwin and I have been married. We were two twenty-two-year-olds just out of college who, looking back, did not know as much as we thought. But one thing that we had known for nearly four years was that we were going to get married, and so we did.


A lot has changed since then, though I'm sure there are those (perhaps including ourselves of another ten years or more hence) who would assure us that we still know less than we think. Another thing that hasn't changed is that we'd rather do just about anything together rather than apart, whether it's going through the frustration of going grocery shopping together with all the kids in tow, or having the fairly unusual status of being a husband-wife team blog.


I hope we're given enough years to roll our eyes at people our own age who go around talking about how boring it is to be retired and have their spouses around all the time. I really can't think of anything better than being able to spend most of the day with my wife. And one of my most frequent prayers for our children is that they will be as happy in their vocations, whatever they may be, as we have been blessed to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment