Pages

Labels

Friday, March 6, 2009

Seven Quick Takes

As always, thanks to Jen for hosting.

1. I'm getting my hair cut this weekend. I don't know if it says something about me that I want to look like Eve Harrington.


I guess that's better than Darwin and his flowing locks.

2. I find it was a mistake to not specifically give up something food-related during Lent, especially as we have have all sorts of candy bribes toilet-training rewards sitting around. Getting up early and saying Morning Prayer is working out pretty well, though.

3. What makes me laugh: Tom Cruise dancing in Tropic Thunder.


Warning: rap song profanity

4.One of the top songs during the Depression was Brother, Can you Spare a Dime? Thanks to a friend's Greatest Hits of the Thirties songbook, I knew the song before the current resurgence, and it's a blast to play on the piano. Here's Al Jolson singing his heart out:


5. Isabel turned three this week, and I can't believe how big she's getting.

Wow, three.

6. After watching 300, I wanted to learn more about what actually happened at the battle of Thermopylae. Darwin recommended that I read Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae by Steven Pressfield. I had two reactions: 1, the Spartans were pretty amazing; and 2, Thank God my little boy doesn't have to go through Spartan training.

7. Thanks to Big Tex's recommendation of The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess, whereas four months ago I could not even do one lunge, I can now blast through 10 Bulgarian split squats without batting an eye. Hoo, fitness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment