Pages

Labels

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fifteen Years Ago

September 5th, 1997 was a Friday night during my Freshman year of college, and being a Freshman who hadn't yet been at college for a month, I went off to an outdoor mixer/dance. I mostly went in order to see more of a girl I was somewhat interested in, but as it happened she was more interested in mixing than in me, so she introduced me to a girl wearing a bowler hat.

The girl in the bowler hat and I ended up not just dancing for a while, but sitting around the student center talking until they kicked us out at 2AM. Ten days later we started dating, and now, fifteen years later, we have five children together.

Somehow, there aren't huge numbers of pictures of us from our college years, and many of those that do exist are egregious, but MrsD has approved this picture (yes, it's in the cafeteria) from our Junior year as being about as good as we ever managed to look in college.


0 comments:

Post a Comment