Pages

Labels

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Outrageously Anti-Abortion

Sometimes it's all in the phrasing. The other day I read a mention of the annual Red Mass celebrated in Washington DC which quoted Justice Ginsburg's explanation of why she no longer attends (though Justice Breyer, also Jewish, does). The quote in full:
"Before every session, there's a Red Mass," Ginsburg said. "And the justices get invitations from the cardinal to attend that. And a good number of the justices show up every year. I went one year, and I will never go again, because this sermon was outrageously anti-abortion."

Outrageously anti-abortion. Well.

[Necessary disclaimer: Yes, I'm aware that pro-life advocates sometimes express themselves so vehemently as to shroud the truth from those who might be persuadable. However, I don't picture Archbishop Wuerl as being such a person. ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment