Pages

Labels

Monday, July 3, 2006

RequiesCAT in Pace

Our condolences to the family of the Opinionated Homeschooler on the death of their cat, Big Dave.
He soon had a neighborhood reputation as scourge of the canines. Once, a woman let her leashed toy dog wander up well onto our lawn to do its doggy business. I was just opening the door to ask her not to do that, when a large gray blur streaked out of the bushes and went for the dog. Big Dave was all over that dog like a cheap suit. The woman stared, uncomprehending, while I grabbed for what looked like the midsection of the cat and pulled him off the poor trembling creature. I apologized--"He doesn't like dogs in his yard"--she apologized, we removed our respective animals from the scene; I'm guessing she probably curbed the dog properly from then on.

I hope they say that of me when I'm gone

0 comments:

Post a Comment